The school site now has some clear pathways to the main door however, nearby parking and access to and along all public pathways are still very icy as these have not been gritted. Added to which the temperature has not risen and thawing has not occurred.
We would advise that parents take this into consideration when deciding whether to send their child into school tomorrow.
On this occasion only you will not need to notify us if you decide not to send your child to school. We will consider no arrival at 10am as notice of your child's absence.
We expect a high volume of absences due to secondary school closures.
I cannot stress enough that you must only make the journey to school if you are happy to access the surrounding untouched paths.