The School & Children's Council
At Wolverley Sebright pupil voice is paramount and is what shapes our school.
The School Council is group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.
Our School Council carry out many tasks which include:
The Children's Council is a group of elected pupils from across the Severn Academies Educational Trust who meet regularly to support the The Trust Pledge in each school.
The Severn Academies Education Trust are committed to delivering excellence in every phase of provision. Our Pledge outlines our commitment to developing our students to be well-rounded individuals through providing a coordinated programme of personal development opportunities and experiences.
We believe in enabling all students to become confident, compassionate and critical thinkers. We pledge to provide a wide range of opportunities to inspire, challenge and instil a love of learning whilst developing lifelong transferable skills, values and qualities in order to live a happy and fulfilling life. This pledge will be delivered through demonstrating the following values:
● We will provide high quality teaching and learning through the most appropriate provision, ensuring all young people leave school with qualifications, skills and attributes to thrive socially, emotionally and economically throughout their lives.
● We will strive to create a culture of aspiration for our children through supporting and challenging them to fulfil their potential.
● We will encourage students to dream big, providing independent, expert careers education, information, advice, guidance and activities to develop employability skills, aspiration and positive attitudes to lifelong learning.
● We will create a safe, respectful learning environment where all members of the school community feel safe, secure and valued, and able to seek support and guidance at any stage of their education journey.
● We will provide an array of personal development opportunities to nurture a wide range of individual and social skills which enhance self-esteem, confidence, open-mindedness, resilience and self-motivation whilst growing leadership potential.
● We will promote an active and healthy lifestyle to help members of the school community achieve mental, physical, social and emotional wellbeing.